• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Selling my Electric Brewing parts Reed City, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to downsize and now have a Mash and Boil system for my mostly 2.5 Gallon batches. That means I don't need my OTHER electric stuff that's just in the way in the garage.

I'm parting it all out. For now I'm posting some of the bigger items. I'll add some of the small electronic stuff later.

Here we go:
IMG_20180901_164841680_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180901_164828978.jpg

The Boil Kettle is a repurposed Keg with a 5500 Watt Stainless electric element wired with a 30A plug. Stainless 1/2" valve. I thought I had a picture of the inside, but I can't find it here at work. I can supply if anyone is interested. - $75

The HLT is also a repurposed keg, but with a rubber coating. The HERMS coil slips into the top of the HLT. The was supposed to be a bottom drain vessel. I think the HERMS coil was 25 foot. I can get the exact length if you are interested. Selling the two together. - $75

The stand is a repurposed Large Format Blueprint Copier stand, chopped and lowered, with nice rolling casters. - $40

These items are pick up only. I could meet halfway if necessary.

More to come.

-Homer

Last edited:
IMG_20180901_170931780.jpg

Just noticed I do have a pic of some wiring. The grey cord is 50Amp. Used to supply the control panel. I'm not sure what type it is, but it's not the soft rubbery cable normally used to go to devices. It looks like wire to go into walls. The black cord goes from panel to kettle. That stuff is the rubbery style (I think SO, or maybe SOJ type?) The box is kind of rough, but I do have a few brand new boxes to post shortly.

Inside the box is a PWM control box, used for testing prior to mounting directly into the control panel (I actually used it many times in brewing. Just never got around to mounting parts permanently in the panel.) There are two SSR's mounted to a single heatsink. Each one is for a kettle. 30A each.

Prices:
$30 for the grey cable with plug
$30 for the Black cable with outlet
$20 for panel with everything in it. If you don't like that panel, I'll be posting brand new control panel separately later that look nicer.

I could ship this stuff, but keep in mind that the cable is pretty heavy. You would be responsible for actual shipping costs.

IMG_20181204_212520852.jpg
IMG_20181204_212455068.jpg
IMG_20181204_212438072.jpg

We installed some equipment at work and ended up mounting the boards directly into the machines, rather than mounting the panels then came in. Therefore I have several of these panels available. I'd hate to see them go to the recycle bin if people can use them.

I'd take $20 each plus shipping. They weigh 17 pounds each. They are 12" wide by 14" Tall by 6" Deep. Brand new, unused. Just pulled the PLCs and backing plate out.

Latest posts

Back