securing a cable plug enclosure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokonutz

Reaction score
hi all - last steps on my box - getting super close - question. I've wired up a plug (NEMA L6-30P) for the element- however my cord is a bit thick and I had to remove a spacer where the cord enters the plug- is there a cleaner way to finish this off? I am sure in time it would begin to slice that cord on the plastic. If I need a piece, what is the industry name for that so I know what to ask for at the hardware store? Is it a type of cable "gland" - I'm still learning !
1614523703029.jpg

1614523680410.jpg

thanks

Look for a strain relief for whatever size cable that is. Might need to trim something to work with what you have, or use a smaller dinater cable (or a different plug that works with that cable).

Does the plug shown plug into the element output on the control panel?

Brew on :mug:

Get some heat shrink tubing. Add concentric layers until the new OD works with the connector. Most shrink tubing shrinks up to 50% of the original size. Also, you can cut the shrink tubing extra long to create a sort of strain relief.

Back