Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
I have my Red Ale in a secondary right now for conditioning and clarifying. It has been there for 3 weeks now. I was going to bottle it tonight but I am not ready. My question is will it hurt anything if it stays on secondary for another week. without being bottled?

No, it won't hurt a thing. You can leave it 2 months and all that will happen is anything that settles out will stick to the secondary. Luck - Dwain

I have a friend that let a beer sit in secondary for over a year. (Why I have no idea) he bottled it about a month ago and it's fantastic.

I have a friend that let a beer sit in secondary for over a year. (Why I have no idea) he bottled it about a month ago and it's fantastic.

We've gone 18 months and it was fantastic too. We had only meant to secondary for 8 months but with so many brews going we kind of forgot it for the extra year. :eek:

Well it has been awhile since I was here, sorry I have been away, sometimes things happen and before yo know it time flies. well anyway, my Red ale has been in secondary for 7 months, I am going to bottle it this evening, already have everything in the kitchen. Hopefully it will be fine, I am not sure if I should now call it a lager though as it has been in secondary at around 50* for the last 4 months. but I have kept the airlock with vodka in in so any bacteria around the airlock would be killed. I will report how it comes out in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back