Secondary yeast strain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol_mick

Reaction score
Hey folks. I brewed a Saison with the Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison strain and, as predicted, it has stalled at 1030 ish. I'd like to get this beer finished ASAP (company is coming) and I'm not interested in raising the temperature. I have some US-05 and Nottingham on hand and I'm wondering if pitching one of those clean yeasts will take away from the flavours I have going on right now or if I will keep those and just finish the fermentation without adding much or taking much away. This is my first time using this yeast and I've never used 2 different strains in the same beer.

It shouldn't be a problem, Dr. White from White labs wrote in his book that flavor profile comes from the first 30-50% of fermentation, and he actually suggest to people that if you want to increase attenuation to your beer to find a higher attenuating yeast and pitch it at the "stalling point"

Back