Secondary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz114

Reaction score
I have just moved a stout to my secondary fermenter. Does the secondary fermenting phase need to have an air locked on it, air tight or can it just be wrapped with foil? I'm storing my secondary in a pressure barrel. Been reading different comments about what to use but just wanted some facts to read on what's best.

loz114 said:
I have just moved a stout to my secondary fermenter. Does the secondary fermenting phase need to have an air locked on it, air tight or can it just be wrapped with foil? I'm storing my secondary in a pressure barrel. Been reading different comments about what to use but just wanted some facts to read on what's best.

Air lock

Ha, it's no test. I've just heard that some people just cover the top with foil or muslin because the CO2 is always at the base of the beer. At the moment I only have one air lock so I've placed my pressure barrel lid on my secondary. Was just wondering what other people use

Latest posts

Back