secondary fermentation temp for a fruit beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eber1988

Reaction score
I am attempting to create a raspberry wheat for the first time. I brewed a american wheat and fermented at 61 degrees. After it was completed (1.010 gravity reading) I transfered it into a secondary over the top of 6 pounds of raspberries. Should I raise the temperature of the secondary or just leave it at 61. I do not have a way to regulate temperature right now but the basement stays at a pretty consistent temp of 60,61 if I had to move it upstairs it would be around 70. What would be the best for it right now? The yeast I used was Wyeast 1010.

I would leave it in the cellar, the fruit will add new fermentable sugars and restart the fermentation.

Leave it in the basement, it will be fine at 61. Also you can use those raspberries for a second batch, they don't give off all the flavor in one go. Just rack the first beer off and put another on top. If you re-brew the same thing, you can try blending the two beers for some complexity, they'll be slightly different because the second beer won't kick off a fermentation. Good Luck & Cheers!:mug:

Back