Second batch of mead bottled! (Cyser)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthmeffy

Reaction score

I used a similar process as my traditional mead (check my history for it if you are curious). I bottled my first batch after a bit over 5 weeks, and this batch was the same.
I used about 17lbs of honey, 5.5-6 gallons of unpasteurized cider (straight from the press!), and the final gravity was 1.012. It's slightly sweet and has an abv of 14.8%. It's going to be really good after at least a couple of months of aging.

Yep :) I used k-sorbate and k-meta together to stabilize it.
Top move......

If its not ready for drinking yet ? Put it away in a dark place, hopefully with a reasonably stable temperature, for 6 months or so, then start hitting it for test tastes.....a bottle a month is good for working out your aging period (smaller bottles help too)......

Right now, they are all in the boxes the bottles came from. I'm going to build a cheap, simple, but large wine rack either this weekend or the next. Most of my bottles are green (I'm planning on a couple of clear for each batch for pictures and the like), so a little light shouldn't hurt... right? I am planning on putting my wine rack in my living room (which is usually pretty dark).

Latest posts

Back