Second all grain batch, what did I just brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbarrister

Reaction score
I just brewed the APA recipe from 80 Award Winning Recipes, but forgot the Victory malt, so my post mash gravity was 1.044, not 1.046. I overcompensated with DME and ended up with an OG of 1.061 (recipe called for OG of 1.056). I hopped per the recipe (didn't have foresight to bump up hops). Two questions, is this just going to to taste more like a Scottish ale? Second, should I dry hop to give some more hop characteristics to it, even though it won't bitter at all? I like a malty profile, so I am sure I will like how it comes out, just curious what the professionals think. Cheers!

I doubt 5 gravity points will cause the beer to be much different than intended. Without seeing your recipe or hop schedule it's hard to say for sure, but I think you'll be ok... :rockin:

Don't worry about it. Chill out, man. ferment it, bottle it, drink it, and if it's effed up, do it again the right way.

Latest posts

Back