Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be in town Tuesday-Sunday for a conference, should have a lot of free time other than Thursday, and most evenings will be wide open. Would love to get together with some of you guys for beers if you're interested. Shoot me a message or just post something in here. Also might make a trip to De Garde on the weekend (either day possible) and would be happy to drive any interested folks down there (rental car company "upgraded" me to this enormous boat of a minivan and strengthened my resolve to not have kids).

Also, besides Pine Box which is a couple of blocks away, what are the best drinking posts around the convention center/downtown?

Just for clarification, a Seattle-Tilamook-Seattle trip is about 10 hours of driving, assuming good traffic. It's doable, but it's a bit of a trip.

Also, if you're checking out the Pine Box, the Stumbling Monk might be worth swinging by as well,

Just for clarification, a Seattle-Tilamook-Seattle trip is about 10 hours of driving, assuming good traffic. It's doable, but it's a bit of a trip.

Also, if you're checking out the Pine Box, the Stumbling Monk might be worth swinging by as well,

Yeah I hadn't really plotted that out well (thought it was a bit closer for some reason) so I may have to withdraw that offer. But mainly because I think with the weather patterns being what they are (specifically not great for the next two nights) I'm going to head down to Oregon to climb Mt. Hood that Saturday night/Sunday morning. I suppose if anyone else here is interested in that plan they're welcome to come along. ;)

Should be in Seattle around 4:30 or 5:00 depending on the border crossing and my boss (who has our hotel room reservation) doesn't land at SeaTac until 9pm, so I'll have some time to burn before picking him up. May post up at Toronado but could easily be convinced to go elsewhere if anyone feels like grabbing a beer tonight.

Go to Stumbling Monk. Downtown is a wasteland as far as cool beer spots are concerned. There are two oft-overlooked bottle shops, Pear and Delaurenti that sell stuff at marked-up tourist prices, but they always have stuff that other places sell out of. Other than that, there are chain bro places like The Yard House and The Tap House. Otherwise, Belltown has this place (never been) http://www.bellandwhete.com/ and there's also Elysian Bar.

Should be in Seattle around 4:30 or 5:00 depending on the border crossing and my boss (who has our hotel room reservation) doesn't land at SeaTac until 9pm, so I'll have some time to burn before picking him up. May post up at Toronado but could easily be convinced to go elsewhere if anyone feels like grabbing a beer tonight.
Hey I was just there. But then I left.

Seconding not to go downtown for beer. Go to the Monk or Pinebox if you're south of the I-5 Bridge.

Also really enjoyed this place that recently opened.

https://www.facebook.com/slowboattavern/

Just heard about the Slow Boat. It's a bit out of the way from Capitol Hill where I live but sounds like it's worth a journey.

Just heard about the Slow Boat. It's a bit out of the way from Capitol Hill where I live but sounds like it's worth a journey.
worth it for this neon alone:

IMG_3807.0.0.jpg

Hey I was just there. But then I left.

Seconding not to go downtown for beer. Go to the Monk or Pinebox if you're south of the I-5 Bridge.

Also really enjoyed this place that recently opened.

https://www.facebook.com/slowboattavern/

Come back! ;) It's still happy hour. If anyone wants a beer on me, I'll be here for a couple of hours. Find the loser in the red fleece and glasses on the right corner of the bar.

Go to Stumbling Monk. Downtown is a wasteland as far as cool beer spots are concerned. There are two oft-overlooked bottle shops, Pear and Delaurenti that sell stuff at marked-up tourist prices, but they always have stuff that other places sell out of. Other than that, there are chain bro places like The Yard House and The Tap House. Otherwise, Belltown has this place (never been) http://www.bellandwhete.com/ and there's also Elysian Bar.

Pike isn't completely ****ing terrible, worth crushing a pitcher of kilt lifter there. And pear delicatessen is the only place I must go to when I head down that way. But I live in Ballard and rarely go south of the ship canal (holy mountain has made this difficult).

I'll be in town tomorrow, delivering the first kegs of Structures Brewing to Brouwers! First place outside of the brewery to pour Structures. Not sure where we'll be throughout the day, but all you fine Seattle folks should get over to Brouwers to try our beer if you can. Not sure when the crew there will tap them, but keep your eyes peeled.

Stopped in at Yard House for a pre-lunch beer because it was open and close and even at a lame place like this there's a bunch of good beer to drink. I miss the west coast so much.
Did they steal your wallet? I remember beers costing way too much lol. Welcome to Seattle!

Anyone going to Chucks CD 2nd anniversary on Saturday? Pretty nice looking taplist so far, plus 4 packs of a galaxy ipa from block 15.

Peche N Brett
Upright Fantasia
Fremont BBOMB, CCBBOMB, KDS, Coffee KDS, Brew 1000
Goose Island BCBS, Coffee BCBS, Regal Rye BCBS
E9 Apricot Wild Tacoma Table Sour
Trinity Red Swingline with Palisades Peaches and Apricots
Holy Mountain Cascade Table Sour
Alesmith Vietnamese Speedway and Hawaiian Speedway
Maui Imperial Coconut Porter
The Bruery Filmishmish

At Reuben's right now with OakedCanuck if anyone wants to drop by. Black Arc'teryx pullover, near the fermenters.
The "Texadian" in Colin's voice usually gives his position away...a good way for people to find you. "How ya'll doin? Can I get anyone a Maple Log?" Love you OakedCanuck .

Pine Box has Parabola and Sucaba on draft today, so expect to find me there for a few hours starting around when they open at 3. Look for the blue lambic.info shirt. Expecting to be drunk on Parabola by the time I leave.

Pine Box has Parabola and Sucaba on draft today, so expect to find me there for a few hours starting around when they open at 3. Look for the blue lambic.info shirt. Expecting to be drunk on Parabola by the time I leave.
Big FW throwdown tonight at the Pine Box tonight. Going away party for a long time FW sales rep. It's going to be a fantastic **** show.

Anyone feel like meeting at Toronado in a bit? I'm at the stupid ass Apple Store right now trying to get my dumb laptop fixed. Might head to Brouwer's as well.

I wish the Block 15 beer would be sold at the Greenwood location as well. The trek to the CD location is definitely a chore. Ironically, my buddy from Corvallis is coming tomorrow and will probably have ample amounts of Sticky Hands in tow

I wish the Block 15 beer would be sold at the Greenwood location as well. The trek to the CD location is definitely a chore. Ironically, my buddy from Corvallis is coming tomorrow and will probably have ample amounts of Sticky Hands in tow

There will be cans at the Greenwood shop. Not sure if it will be today or not, but they'll be there.

17p1wWx.jpg

Surprised to see them available today. Canned 1/6 and from what I can tell no limits.

This beer is the real ****ing deal, one of the best new IPAs I've had in a while. Glad I was able to fit 6 of them into my checked bag on the way back.

Was this something Block 15 did exclusively for Chuck's, or was that just the first wave of the release with more going out in their distribution footprint? They really should make this a regular rotation beer in their lineup, it's fantastic.

This beer is the real ****ing deal, one of the best new IPAs I've had in a while. Glad I was able to fit 6 of them into my checked bag on the way back.

Was this something Block 15 did exclusively for Chuck's, or was that just the first wave of the release with more going out in their distribution footprint? They really should make this a regular rotation beer in their lineup, it's fantastic.

Heard on the other site (from a Chuck's worker) that they may make it again for Chuck's this summer. It really was on point and I wish I bought more than 2 4-packs

I'm hitting Holy Mountain and Cloudburst tomorrow. Any other newer breweries making great beer to check out? I've been to Seattle before so trying to hit great new places.

Latest posts

Back