Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mar Clair in Tillamook, while a Motel, has a great common area for bottle shares. Since it's not a release weekend it should be pretty low key.

But that Ashley Inn stairwell though

honey-badger-dance-o.gif

I'm visiting Seattle tomorrow for just a couple days. What are the best bars? Bottleworks? Brouwers? I'd like to hit up Holy Mountain and Fremont as well.

Since there seem to be no hotels in Fremont or Wallingford and Hotel Deca is $170+ a night for the dates I'll be in, where is the best area to stay? Choosing between Queen Anne and South Lake Union. Keep in mind I'm looking to hit Brouwers, Bottleworks, Fremont and Holy Mountain all in two days.

I'm visiting Seattle tomorrow for just a couple days. What are the best bars? Bottleworks? Brouwers? I'd like to hit up Holy Mountain and Fremont as well.
Brouwer's by far. Bottleworks is more of a bottleshop with a few taps and isn't far from Fremont Brewing. You can easily do Fermont, Bottleworks and Brouwer's in the same afternoon. Holy Mountain is going to take a drive down through Queen Anne. Noble Fir in Ballard isn't a bad little bar either.

Since there seem to be no hotels in Fremont or Wallingford and Hotel Deca is $170+ a night for the dates I'll be in, where is the best area to stay? Choosing between Queen Anne and South Lake Union. Keep in mind I'm looking to hit Brouwers, Bottleworks, Fremont and Holy Mountain all in two days.

Queen Anne's going to be a little closer for you. I would look as far North as you can though. The closer you get to Belltown the more congestion you're gonna find with all the tourists around Pike Place and the Space Needle.

I was there at the end of last summer and really enjoyed Reubens Brews and the Pine Box. I would add them to your lists for sure.

Also, lurchingbeast, I didn't have a lot of time and Ubered everywhere for pretty cheap. You should be able to hit all those places with not too much effort.

I was there at the end of last summer and really enjoyed Reubens Brews and the Pine Box. I would add them to your lists for sure.

Also, lurchingbeast, I didn't have a lot of time and Ubered everywhere for pretty cheap. You should be able to hit all those places with not too much effort.

Pine Box is great too, though farther away. If you're heading out there, try to check out Chuck's Hop Shop in the Central District for lots of bottles and tons of taps. Jordan is doing great stuff out there.

VRBO is the best option if you want to stay in the Fremont/Wallingford/Ballard areas

We really liked the Capitol Hill area, central to a lot and walking distance to Chuck's Hop Shop.

Stayed in an Airbnb, that is the way to go.

Airbnb is the best option really. Take a Lyft around town if possible. All the mentioned places are 5-10min from each other via car and stay off I5 from 3-6pm bc noon traffic is a pain in the ass. Check out Stumbling Monk too, one of my faves along side Chucks and PineBox, Holy Mount. Bottleworks, Sixgill, Brouwers, Reubens, Fremont, Hilliards are all good. Hilliards Oaked Saison is awesome if available. Theres more but im sure you'll enjoy all the mentioned spots. Cheers

VRBO is the best option if you want to stay in the Fremont/Wallingford/Ballard areas
Update: a room freed up at the Marco Polo in Fremont so I booked for cheap. I nearly booked a houseboat on VRBO for the same price as the Deca, but decided cheaper was the way to go.

Last edited:
South side of Chicago.

Long hair, don't care.

I can walk to Brouwers and Bottleworks from this location. I'll sleep on top of the blankets.

The Marco Polo is definitely the least-sketchy of those places on Aurora, too. I've lived a block or two from there for like 12 years now, and all the rest of them are way, waaaay worse. Normal-ish people frequent the Marco Polo, and that's a lot more than can be said for any of the others. Also, RIP The Thunderbird.

Uber would be worth a stop Frank. Place always flys under the radar and always has a stellar draft list and pricing.
My list in order of priority:
Brouwers (been there, love it)
Fremont
Holy Mountain
Uber
Bottleworks

At some point I want some good seafood.

Again, I will only be around from Sunday evening until Tuesday morning.

Okay guys here is the deal:
Monday, May 4th I am picking lurchingbeast up in Fremont and hitting Holy Mountain around say 4:15. Then hit Fremont shortly after and then Brouwers as well. Frank can walk his ass home from there ;)

Should be good times. Who's in?
OakedCanuck duketheredeemer Podunkparte chrispy anyone else?

I think that'd work for me, though I might have to meet all yall at Fremont or Brouwer's a little later.

Back