Screw top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spritar

Reaction score
Is there anyway to reuse screw top bottles? I have about a case ready to recycle but if I can reuse then all the better.

yeah i would just sanitize everything and it should be good to go, but if ur unsure you could try doing a few bottles with reusing some screwtops and see how it goes

It depends mostly on the bell on your capper(there are some that work better on twist-off then others)
There is also risk that the threads will break, and the bottles are often thinner glass

So id say they can be used till you can replace them

Even if you get the caps to seal, twist-off bottles are made of thinner glass and I've read reports of people having a lot more bottle bombs when trying to use them.

Not worth the risk, IMHO.

You spent good money on your ingredients, and put a lot of time and care into the beer to get it ready for bottling. Isn't it worth picking up a few 12-packs of Sam Adams to make sure you have good bottles?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I'll send my twist-offs to recycle and order up some new bottles to supplement my Sam Adams/New Belgium bottles that I have in store.

Back