Screen printing bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a good amount of screen printing. So let me get this right, are you trying to screen print your logo onto the bottles? Or are you screen printing onto labels that you will then stick on the bottles? Or am I missing something? If the first, then you have to first choose how many colors you wish to use. Normally, when screen printing onto glass you will use one color as using more than that will cause headaches and is mostly only done by professionals. Also, there's a technique called etching that gives a similar effect by chemically reacting with the glass. In addition, you can use decals that are pre-cut or laser-cut to produce similar effects (will def. cost you a pretty penny). Going back to screen printing directly on glass, what you will use instead of inks are 'enamels'. In a similar fashion to screen printing on fabrics/paper (after you have created your image on your actual screen) you will apply the enamels to create your single-colored image. Then, once the enamel is dry and you are content with the clarity/consistency of your image, you fire the glass bottle/s so the enamel is permanently fixed.

Hope this helps you in some way! Good luck with your image making! BTW, props for perusing such a difficult way of getting a beautiful image!

You can try to find somebody that does pad printing. Screen printing on the bottle needs a machine that rolls the bottle or mug/glass as you draw the sgueege across the image. Dick Blick used to sell a cheap one for about $500.
Don

you can use decals that are pre-cut or laser-cut to produce similar effects . Going back to screen printing directly on glass, what you will use instead of inks are 'enamels'. In a similar fashion to screen printing on fabrics/paper you will apply the enamels to create your single-colored image.

i was looking at the etching agent, and i found a link, of course i have lost it now, where you could use your own printer to print the design and then etch the glass. was not that expensive if you get the stuff you expose to sunlight. as soon as i get caught up on everything i am going to make some to go with my logo.

Back