Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Just got back from a business trip to California, where I decided to pick up some brews we can't get here at home:

4 Hop Rod Rye
1 Stone Arrogant Bastard
1 Stone Ruination
1 Stone Imperial Stout
1 Lagunitas Imperial Red

:rockin:

$35 for 8 beers :0

I have one of the Hop Rods chilling right now. Have to wait until SWMBO gets home tomorrow to try the others.:mad:

I saw the black stout, but I didn't pick any up. I kind of went overboard on the Hop Rod, but I love rye beers.

I tried the Hop Rod last night - the rye character wasn't as strong as I expected - it mainly shows up as contributing dryness to the beer. I loved it though - overall, I thought it was a very well balanced beer. Neither the malt or hops overpower each other. Definitely on my top 10 list.

alemonkey said:
I saw the black stout, but I didn't pick any up. I kind of went overboard on the Hop Rod, but I love rye beers.

I tried the Hop Rod last night - the rye character wasn't as strong as I expected - it mainly shows up as contributing dryness to the beer. I loved it though - overall, I thought it was a very well balanced beer. Neither the malt or hops overpower each other. Definitely on my top 10 list.

I grabbed the Black Stout last weekend along with another bottle of HRR... The both of them have targets on them for this weekend. I really really like the HRR so I'm looking forward to the Black Stout.

Ize

its really good, almost more an imperial stout than a typical stout. i think its like 6% abv or something like that, and is really really tasty. by far one of the best stouts i've had, although it doesn't quite fall in either a stout or imperial stout category IMO. I don;t thhink i could drink more than a bomber of it though, whereas i don't mind sessioning a good lower alcohol dry stout during the cold season.

david_42 said:
All excellent choices. Ruination is over-hyped, but a good ale none the less.

I thought it was good. You're right, over hyped, and I thought it would be much more than it was, but good none the less.

I really like arrogant bastard though. Good stuff

Back