Saturday Mornings are for Brewing and Dr. Who...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 although I think now I'm more partial to the new doctor, something about show pacing... that would have been like +100 :) But I agree. Plus with the right Dr. Who, you can here Adric hurling behind a tree because the cast wrap party was to much the night before lol... bet he was drinking beer...

I'm all caught up on the new series. Those are fun and modern but there is something really great and classic about Tom Baker.
40min left on the boil now. AHS 20th Aniv. IPA brewing now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Falconers Flight tastes.

Dude, I totally agree. Although I don't watch Doctor Who while brewing, I believe his is the best by far and pretty much the only one I'll watch. I haven't checked out any of the new ones, so I can't judge them too much.

My whole family watched it every Saturday while eating fish and chips. My dad would also give me sips of Ansells Mild. Those were the days.

I love every doctor in their own way. But Tom Baker is the esence of the doctor, although Tennant was BRILIANT!

I usualy brew on Sundays to a DVR of the F1 race.

Love all the Doctors, but my 17yr old daughter is partial to Tom Baker and his Scarf. She's working on knitting herself a full size copy. what is it, like 14ft?

i liked tom baker also. maybey because he was the first one i seen. i also liked the cheesy special effects. looked like a lot of cobbed together stuff. just like homebrewing,making stuff as you need it

Tom Baker was the Doctor when I first started watching Dr. Who, so he is the standard. I've really started getting into the new episodes (starting with Christopher Eccleston). I have to say, I've come to think David Tennant was the best Doctor. He really nailed the raging passion + quirkiness that makes the Doctor fun to watch. I'm trying to warm up to the new Doctor but he has some big shoes to fill. Wish Tennant was still there.

StuporMan said:
Tom Baker was the Doctor when I first started watching Dr. Who, so he is the standard. I've really started getting into the new episodes (starting with Christopher Eccleston). I have to say, I've come to think David Tennant was the best Doctor. He really nailed the raging passion + quirkiness that makes the Doctor fun to watch. I'm trying to warm up to the new Doctor but he has some big shoes to fill. Wish Tennant was still there.

I started with Tennant. Any idea why he left?

I started with Tennant. Any idea why he left?

He left to go do other stuff. He did a great version of Hamlet with Patrick Stewart, and there were roumors of him in The Hobbit but that seems to have been just rumor.

Also he left with show producer and ressurector Russel T. Davies. Mostly they both left to go do other things. I also think the BBC kinda wanted the show to move into a new direction and so Davies passed it on to Steven Moffat with Matt Smith.

Also word is Matt Smith is going to be gone following the third season that's filming sometime this summer.

I guess entertainment types just get tired of doing stuff for too long. Or there's an increadable amount of behind the scenes politics that drives people away. Both are possible with the BBC.

davros.jpg

I sometimes look like this on Saturday morning.

I really liked Tennant too, Matt Smith is too young and baby faced. He does the eccentric part of The Doctor ok but he lacks the intense passion of Tennant.

What cable system and channel are you watching it on ? My son wanted to see
the Dr. that I started watching 20 years ago.

Dammit! I liked all the Doctors, but have been really getting into Tennant since that is where I'm at in the new series now. Not a fan of Donna, but she's gone now. I really enjoyed the relationship Tannant Doctor had with Rose.

I watched a few back when I was a kid during the Tom Baker era. Kinda looking forward to seeing them again when I get caught up with the new series. My youngest makes me wait to watch them with her. So awesome when all of the new companions, and even Sarah Jane Smith came back in the last episode we watched.

Not a fan of the cybermen, but still like the Daleks!

I liked everything about Rose. Her attitude, her looks, her acting.

I hear that the new companion is quite the looker, but so far I have held off on checking her out. I want to meet her on the show first.

I admit that I wasn't too sure of Tennant when he first started out, but he has grown on me a lot lately. I was relieved when he "almost" regenerated into a new Doctor.

Reminds me I must search for some cool Dr. Who bling for my daughter and her Aunt, who is a big fan too.

I've not heard for sure, but I think Tennant left because he was looking for something new. Ever since Dr.#2 (Peter Troughton) most of the actors have left after about 3 years to avoid type casting. T Baker is big exception to this.

Tennant was before Hamlet for the Royal Shapkespeare company - which is why when he went to the producer and said "I'd like to be on your show, is there some bit part I could have" the producer was like "Why the Doctor is available, are you interested??"

I don't have any favorite, but having watched old and new DrWho, and watched a lot of SciFi inbetween, I'm more accustomed to faster pace and better FX then were available to a kids show of the 1970's (Yeah I started with Baker and watched Davison and the little bit of Colin Baker my station had at the time).

I like Matt Smith, it took a few episodes for him to get going IMO, but my wife and I agree that #11, the apparetment episode is just one of the BEST Dr Who episodes (all I will say as some haven't seen all of Series/Season 5 yet).

I think Matt really got on his stride for the Pandoricum finale, and the christmas special. I can't wait untill the 23rd!

I didn't like Matt Smith at first either but he grew on me. He had some pretty big shoes to fill after Tennant. As for knocking Donna, well I have to agree she isn't much to look I think the character was well written an played.
Many of the the shows are available on both Netflix and Amazon for streaming and several others are available on disc from Netflix.

Yeah, my buddy got me hooked on "The Doctor, just the Doctor" when Christopher Eccelston was playing the part. It's definitely a very dynamic part that can be portrayed in many ways as determined by the casted actor and current directory.

_40191547_louise_jameson.jpg

I'm with the oldskool dr, but the two newer docs have been pretty good as well.

Back