Saturday Mornings are for Brewing and Dr. Who...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandma knitted me a Tom Baker scarf when I was a kid. I could have wrapped up like a mummy in that thing!

I didn't like Matt Smith at first either but he grew on me. He had some pretty big shoes to fill after Tennant. As for knocking Donna, well I have to agree she isn't much to look I think the character was well written an played.
Many of the the shows are available on both Netflix and Amazon for streaming and several others are available on disc from Netflix.

OH, yeah, the part was great! I just didn't like her character. Too pushy and mouthy for my tastes. Great as a companion and character. I didn't even mind her looks so much. But man, what a mouth! LOL!

I know I should like Martha more, but she just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why.

I really enjoyed some of the old shows and can't wait to get done with the new ones so I can get caught up. It must have been awesome back then to see all of the new writings and monsters. Today we have a lot of classic monsters revisited, and nothing new that really sticks.

Nice to see so much support for Dr.Who on the HBT!

I would have to say it's a toss up for Baker and Tennant as the best doctor, for me. I grew up watching Dr.Who and was very partial to the Baker episodes, he simply WAS the Doctor. Then with the reboot, I like what Eccleston was doing but it wasn't enough of the quirkiness, then Tennant came on and man, he was good. Smith is trying and his style is growing on me...just like this wonderful hobby is growing on me. I'm having a cider right now, and I think I'll dig up a Baker episode on Netflix...

Allons-y!

Nice to see so much support for Dr.Who on the HBT!

I would have to say it's a toss up for Baker and Tennant as the best doctor, for me. I grew up watching Dr.Who and was very partial to the Baker episodes, he simply WAS the Doctor. Then with the reboot, I like what Eccleston was doing but it wasn't enough of the quirkiness, then Tennant came on and man, he was good. Smith is trying and his style is growing on me...just like this wonderful hobby is growing on me. I'm having a cider right now, and I think I'll dig up a Baker episode on Netflix...

Allons-y!

ditto.

dr who.jpg

OH, yeah, the part was great! I just didn't like her character. Too pushy and mouthy for my tastes. Great as a companion and character. I didn't even mind her looks so much. But man, what a mouth! LOL!

To the point of being obnoxious oftentimes.

I know I should like Martha more, but she just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why.

She struck me as too demure and reserved. Not haughty by any means but you can picture Rose or Amy table dancing if need be. Not so with Martha.

I also started watching during the Tom Baker days and still enjoy watching those episodes despite how cheesy they look now. With the recent series, I really like Tennant and my family and I were very sad to see him go. Matt Smith has grown on me and I adore Amy Pond but he's definitely no Tom Baker.

Ok, Guys! I just thought of something amazing....
Two Words...

TARDIS KEGERATOR!

Somebody make one. Seriously. I see two routs to go with it. The preferred route would be to do a full size upright with a tardis skin, the second option would be to do a mini fridge "scale model".

knotquiteawake said:
Ok, Guys! I just thought of something amazing....
Two Words...

TARDIS KEGERATOR!

Somebody make one. Seriously. I see two routs to go with it. The preferred route would be to do a full size upright with a tardis skin, the second option would be to do a mini fridge "scale model".

Yes! One tap in each arm, and it could say "CARB-O-NATE".

Dalek would make a great minifridge conversion and the Tardis (Blue Police Call Box) would make a great full size fridge/freezer (having one door would be preferred).

Ok, I've now gotten to the point where I've seen the newest Doctor and Amy Pond.

Holy Crap is she HOT!

Just watched the one where they go back to WWII time and fight the Daleks and the new Daleks are created. As soon as I saw them I thought "Someone HAS to make a Dalek fermentation chamber!"

I can totally see one saying, "Intoxicate!" "Homebrew is Supreme!" "All Hail Craft Beer!"

Back to Amy Pond.. I've got her Sonic Screwdriver RIGHT HERE! ;)

+1 although I think now I'm more partial to the new doctor, something about show pacing...

Matt Smith is creepy looking. I hate the way his eyebrows sort of disappear under his massive forehead, and it looks like he has no eyebrows.

I didn't like Matt Smith at first either but he grew on me. He had some pretty big shoes to fill after Tennant. As for knocking Donna, well I have to agree she isn't much to look I think the character was well written an played.

Donna was the Anti-Rose, which was definitely needed. It started to get really obnoxious with Rose constantly trying to in the Doctor's pants. I'll take Donna's sharp "Oi... SPACEMAN" any day.

My whole family watches Doctor who religiously. My kids came up of the name for my "brewery". It is called Bad Wolf Brewing. I just brewed a bitter this weekend called A bitter Master.

My wife likes Donna as a companion.

I am warming to the new Doctor. But it is hard to change each time.

Back