SafAle BE-256

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civilian

Reaction score
I chose this for my first brew (Belgian blond) because it had a wider temp range and I generally like the Belgian beers.
The question I have is with such a wide range of temperature is there a sweet spot as I now find I can kind of control the temp more than I first thought?

I don't know about a "sweet spot," but if it gets warm, it throws banana. I say shoot for the middle of the suggested range or lower.

I haven't experimented with different temperatures, but I ferment my Belgian Pale Ale at 70F and I'm happy with it. I like the character that BE-256 produces.

I don't know about a "sweet spot," but if it gets warm, it throws banana.
Thanks guys.
That's good to know as my daughter likes a local Hefe that has a lot of banana flavor to it. Also I do really like Xingu which has that as well.

That's good to know as my daughter likes a local Hefe that has a lot of banana flavor to it.

My daughter is five months old. It made me smile to think one day I might be sharing my beers with her.

So far, she seems to like milk and parsnip, so I better find some recipes incorporating those! :D

Banana, huh? I haven't noticed that yet. My ferm room stays around 72F and my beers briefly get up around 76F or 77F for a couple of days, typically. My taste buds are not especially discriminating but I do like strong ales made with this yeast.

Latest posts

Back