Sad day on L.I. Blue Point sells out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a fan of people saying that a brewery sold out when in fact, the sale could mean something very positive for Blue Point.

They wrote, "Anheuser-Busch also plans to invest in the brewery to grow its operational capabilities and enhance the consumer experience over the next few years." So if this is true and AB is looking only to expand their reach into actual craft beer and allow BP to really expand on the growing customer demand and experience, then why is it a bad thing? Because AB has historically made some pretty lousy beers that people seem to tolerate quite well?

I could be wrong, but for the breweries that have "sold out", can you tell me which brewery has suffered? Did Goose Island's quality suffer, remain steady, or improve? I am not sure, so it's a genuine question.

If this sale allows BP to distribute to a wider audience, ensure volume needs are met, and quality remains the same them I'm down with it.

Didn't Anheuser-Busch also not plan on selling to Inbev?
Also, these big beer companies have their stake in local distribution, so will that help BP? Sure, but they are probably the reason BP might have had issues distributing.....

Distro will be better but BP in general has pretty good distro. I'm not totally surprised though since they've been pushing in other markets pretty hard. If this ends up meaning I can get something other than BMC and blue moon on tap somewhere I'll be happy.
Also, there's a great crew at the brewery. The tasting room gets way over crowded sometimes its a ten minute wait to get a beer. When the weather is nice though the outdoor space is a great place to hang.

I can't blame the owners, I imagine I'd probably sell too for the right price.

Not buying the beer though. Or Goose Island, either. I'm not giving my money to ******* companies like AB, and that includes micros like Rogue as well.

Just because they sold their business doesn't necessarily mean they will go downhill. Business is business. I just had a few of their beers recently, freshly bottled, and as of now they are still pretty good.

This thread has been done a couple times, let's rehash a couple of points
1) I hate inbev an their business practices'
2) Carlos Britto is the devil
3) No one cares, Drink the beer you make :cross:

I can't blame the owners, I imagine I'd probably sell too for the right price.

Not buying the beer though. Or Goose Island, either. I'm not giving my money to ******* companies like AB, and that includes micros like Rogue as well.

I don't drink rogue because their beer kinda sucks.

Back