Sabro,galaxy and El Dorado in neipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunctionPoint

Reaction score
Wondering if this recipe is decent for a neipa?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210408-123309_Brewfather.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210408-123309_Brewfather.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 45
The grist looks like standard New England IPA stuff. The '007 will finish a bit drier than the typical (wy1318/imperial a38) finish, but that can be ok, too (wlp002 might be closer in that regards to London Ale III which definitely wants to finish sweet).

I have used Galaxy and El Dorado together with Amarillo in an neipa and they played well together. I've not used Sabra, but looking at this character plot...

1617917706232.png

it seems like a good fit.
The only thing for me is that "Cream" character - it is actually the one reason I have not tried Sabro yet :) but others might find that attractive...

Cheers!

Thanks for your input.
The place I order my stuff from didn't have London ale III and recommend the wlp007 so I went with that. I am kind of hoping that the citrus and sweet fruit shine more then the cream but I'm ok with a hint of the cream at the same time.
I also have safale-33 on hand which I was considering for the NEIPA.
Again thanks for the feedback.

If you can remember, please post your assessment when your brew hits its peak.
Sabro might find its way into my future, who knows? :)

Cheers!

If you can remember, please post your assessment when your brew hits its peak.
Sabro might find its way into my future, who knows? :)

Cheers!
I'll do my best to post a review and pictures.
It will be a week before I get the ingredients, so it could be up to three weeks before it's completed.

Sabro is f***ing GROSS. I know it's polarizing and some seem to like it, but it tastes like cream and coconut to me and ends up very much with a "sun tan lotion" character. There's some citrusy tropical fruit in there I don't mind but I can get those elsewhere.

If you have a good Galaxy crop, I think you're otherwise in the right direction. Bad Galaxy and you've got grassy vegetal onion/garlic/sweaty armpit that's even more gross than Sabro.

Sabro is f***ing GROSS. I know it's polarizing and some seem to like it, but it tastes like cream and coconut to me and ends up very much with a "sun tan lotion" character. There's some citrusy tropical fruit in there I don't mind but I can get those elsewhere.

If you have a good Galaxy crop, I think you're otherwise in the right direction. Bad Galaxy and you've got grassy vegetal onion/garlic/sweaty armpit that's even more gross than Sabro.
Thanks for feedback and guess I'll find out the result in a few weeks. lol

Back