Run CO2 Distributors in parallel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bknifefight

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find the answer.

There is a cheap 3-way CO2 distributor on Amazon right now and I am curious if I could buy 2 and run them in parallel and what would be the best way to do it.

The reason to do this is, buying 2 of these is significantly cheaper than buying one large one.

Here are the two scenarios I am thinking about:

1 - Run gas line from one connector to the input on the 2nd distributor.

2 - Use a brass fitting to connect the 2 distributors so they are essentially one.

Here is a picture illustrating each:
311OtHQd3iL.jpg

The only disadvantage to #1 is losing a hookup, but it is 100% certain to work.

Doing #2 depends on whether or not the distributor actually has the plugged up hole on the end, and finding a fitting to connect them.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I was looking at this also. I read the reviews and it seems its 50/50 whether it works or not. Some times you just get what you pay for. I'm kinda leery of this piece because the cheapest I have found one of these 3 ways is 43.95.

If you can't make #2 work, get an in-line barbed "T" and feed each distributor with a seperate line.

edit:
Make sure the shut-off's have check-valves in them.

The negative reviews said it leaks. Get some teflon tape and fix the leak. Problem solved. I have plenty of kegging experience and part of it is finding the leak and fixing it, not writing a bad review on Amazon.

If you can't make #2 work, get an in-line barbed "T" and feed each distributor with a seperate line.

edit:
Make sure the shut-off's have check-valves in them.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Easy fix!

the ball valves i use have built in check valves to prevent blow backs of beer into the regulator. so plumbing it up like #1 wont work. #2 is your best option either way.

Concur, on setup # 2, and it would be good to IF those valves have a check ball in them.........Anyone know for sure?

If not, (no check valves), I could build one cheaper from plumbing parts.

Latest posts

Back