Royal Flush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK - i play in a monthly poker game. Tonight I flopped a Royal Flush. Ended up making about $100 off of the hand. I looked up the odds and we're talking 651,000:1. Just had to tell someone. This probably won't happen again in my lifetime. Hope there are some poker players out there who can appreciate this.

I am drunk and must appreciate your massive victory over your enemies.

I have never had or even seen an actual royal flush at any poker game in real time or virtual against real or computer opponents. Pretty impressive.

I hit a RF in Vegas once on a video poker machine.

I'd been playing 5 quarters every hand and started to get down to my last few bucks so I had switched it down to just one.
Hit the Royal Flush and collected $65 off of 25 cents. Looked it up, and if I had kept it at $1.25 I would have won over a grand.
:mad:

Oh well, it paid for the rest of my drinks for the night....
:cross:

Flopping is quite something. Too bad the board didnt pair to give someone a boat, you'd have had all their money for sure.

Ive had k-9 straight flushes 4 times, but never the royal.

I've seen a royal flush and many varieties of quads in my casual game. None of them mine of course.

I've hit a royal flush online, but never live.

The absolute most destructive hand to get is rockets. It is so hard to fold a pair of aces even if there is a flush draw on the table and the other guy is walking like and egyptian.

It was fun. No wilds. We were playing Texas Hold-em. Had 8 guys at the table. I had A-Q of clubs. The flop was 10-J-K of clubs.

One guy flopped a flush, so he was all-in from the beginning. The other guy had a straight draw, which he eventually picked up on the river. Everyone else bailed after the flop. I played it really slow, but managed to get both guys to go all-in, so it worked out well (for me at least). The guy with the straight was more pissed off than the guy with the flush.

I was sure my face was going to give me away. I have very light skin and my ears tend to turn red when I'm excited. It's a real pain in the ass at a poker table.

The absolute most destructive hand to get is rockets. It is so hard to fold a pair of aces even if there is a flush draw on the table and the other guy is walking like and egyptian.

I hate A-K. I never win with it, but I feel compelled to stay in the hand.

I'm sure your familiar with this joke, but we call A-K Anna Kournikova. She looks hot, but she seldom wins.:D

AK.jpg

It was fun. No wilds. We were playing Texas Hold-em. Had 8 guys at the table. I had A-Q of clubs. The flop was 10-J-K of clubs. One guy flopped a flush, so he was all-in from the beginning.

All in without holding the Ace down, on 3 suited cards on the board? A bit too hot under the collar ;)

The other guy had a straight draw, which he eventually picked up on the river.

Probably had no business in a hand that had 3 suited cards when he was chasing a straight. ;)

MC

Back