Rookie, need recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will be brewing my first all grain BIAB 5 gallon batch soon. I love IPA's, my wife doesn't. She loves hefeweizen's, wit's, wheat's, and I'm not a huge fan of those. I want to make the first beer something we both like that's an all day drinker.....like a lager or pilsner, but I can't do a temp controlled fermentation for that style. So I need a good solid shareable ale recipe that is light on hops since the wife isn't an IPA fan. I was thinking an amber or blonde ale of some sort so I can ferment at room temp. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, from Omaha! I was going to suggest a Caramel Amber. I've brewed the linked recipe several times and it never lasts long and is always a crowd pleaser. Especially this time of year! Which reminds me, I need to get another batch going to have it on tap for Halloween..Cheers!

My wife has the same tastes as yours. She loves Blue Moon - me, not so much. I keep the Centennial Blonde around for her. It's a beer we both love and guests like it too

Latest posts

Back