Robobrew ventilation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewrmunro

Reaction score
Do you think the air exchanger ventilation in my bathroom would be adequate for brewing with the Robobrew in the bathroom? It isn’t a vent fan directly to the outdoors, it would go through the house ventilation system/air exchanger.

Does anyone brew in their bathroom or have thoughts on if this would be good or bad?

I would never brew in the bathroom . May be just me but it doesnt seem too sanitary. Are you not able to brew in the kitchen or dining room ?

I brew in the laundry room. The exhaust fan is in the kitchen. I turn it on so that I'm not steaming the whole house. I think as long as you are getting it moving to not be standing and very wet you should be fine. it's really not much different from when I make a big pot of chili (i actually use my old boil kettle for it) :D

I brew with the Robobrew in my garage with the garage door open (I live in a warm climate) that also has window A/C unit. So far after 3 batches using the Robobrew 35L I have not had any issues. I do it because of open space, spills on the floor won't hurt anything, I can layout on sanitized surface all my equipment. I do clean the garage floor prior to brewing and all my equipment just prior to starting a batch.

Do you think the air exchanger ventilation in my bathroom would be adequate for brewing with the Robobrew in the bathroom? It isn’t a vent fan directly to the outdoors, it would go through the house ventilation system/air exchanger.

Does anyone brew in their bathroom or have thoughts on if this would be good or bad?

Not sure how this ultimately gets discharged outside of your house but I would have concerns about where all the water vapor generated during a brew session goes. You definitely don't want it in your attic.

I have the Grainfather, equivalent to the Robobrew for the purposes of this question, and I've never ventilated.

I'd think as long as it's not condensing in a spot that you can see (most likely the ceiling right above the Robobrew) then it must be dissipating enough to not cause problems--it certainly is bringing up the humidity, but I'd think not even as high as it is on a muggy day without the A/C on. A fan sure couldn't hurt, but you may be able to just rely on the force of diffusion. And I just carefully checked the ceiling above the Grainfather's spot. Nothing.

In short, you may not even have a problem that needs solving.

I brew in bathroom without window. My kettle is in the shower cabin and I have one fan with capacity of 200 m3/h. This is not enough for boil if the door of bathroom is closed but the fan absorbs most of the evaporation. In my case it does work, but I boil for 20 minutes instead of 60 minutes. I think a 400 m3/h fan would be a complete solution.

Back