Fermenting inside Robobrew 3.1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty42

Reaction score
I was watching a video of a brewer un boxing a Robobrew version 4. The kit had a conical top lid with a large hole that would accept a plug and airlock. I began to wonder if after brewing, sparging then removing the grain pipe, chilling, aeriating then pitching the yeast that I could use my Robobrew as the primary fermenter. I wouldn't use the recirculation pump after pitching the yeast to avoid a clogged pump. I could set the thermostat to keep the wort at temp during the fermentation process. The spigot is well above the level of trub. I use a hop spider to prevent hops from settling too. Has anyone tried this? Do any of you have any ideas or can offer any suggestions

I brew in a conical fermenter. After brewing I detatch the external heating & cooling equipment and attach a mason jar to the valve at the bottom of the fermenter. Periodically I close the valve, detatch the mason jar, dump the trub, reattach & open the valve.
Works great.

Thanks Tropicpine, while my Robin few isn't conical, I end up with very little drug due to using a hop spider and of course the grain pipe, but I'm not worried about the dead yeast cells because they would drain out of the spigot after a few days. I'm really except give this a try. After the primary, I'll transfer into my bottling bucket and let it finish before bottling. I'll post how this turns out.

Back