RI Homebrew demand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clankenbrew

Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking about opening a shop and were wondering what kind of demand there is for a shop.

Theres only 3-4 shops and 3 almost never have what I need. I cant be alone.

Are there a bunch of guys here who would have a need for a good shop that had everything in the Warwick area?

I am pretty close to you and would have no problem driving the distance to go to a shop that is staffed and ran by somebody with experience in the hb beer scene.

While my local has a pretty darn good grain and yeast selection, the owner has more experience in wine making.

Keep MA/RI Brewers in the loop and I wish you the best of luck!!

I live in Coventry. There is a general store near me that has some of the Brew Horizon's products. The selection is sparse, and not updates very often... I mostly buy DME there for starters if available, but they have extract kits and a few supplies there. I frequent Craft Brews Supplies. They have a vast selection of grain, yeast, hops, etc. and the owner is very knowledgeable. It's only 20 minutes from my house, so it's pretty convenient.

That being said, I think central RI could use a real Homebrew Shop. Craft Brews is in southern RI and Blackstone services the northern part. However, you need to make your shop stand out from the others. RI may not be large enough to support another shop, but if you can offer something different from the other shops, people will make the extra effort to go there.

The guy who used to distribute the brew horizon gear passed, his name was Carl.
If your talking about Summit general.. limited isn't the word for their selection.. They do keep a descent supply of s05 and 05 yeast though.

I was thinking a 6 tap keezer for samples would also help bring in the custies..

Back