Returning to the fold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncHellMatt

Reaction score
Morning folks. My name is Matt, and I've been getting back into the swing of brewing. It's been more than 10 years since I last brewed beer, and it's something I enjoyed greatly and now the bug has bitten again, and my apartment has the space, so why not? I've been making small 1g batches of mead for myself over the last year, and started to ferment anything I could get my hands on. So far, my favs have been maple syrup and of course honey, infused with ginger and galanga root.

But beer... Beer is where my heart is. After going to a small brewery in Portland ME while visiting my girlfriend, I just had to get back at it. So I'll apologize in advance for nub questions I am likely to post and requests for advice.

Cheers folks.
M@

Welcome to the forum Matt. I'm a fairly new memeber but have been reading posts for quite a while.

Feel free to shoot away.....that's what this forum is for. We will help you where we can.

Here's your first tip. Check out "How to Brew" by John Palmer. He has a free online version and a hard copy you can buy. That's how I learned to brew.....it's a great resource. Here's the link

http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Cheers

Thanks very much!

Yeah, the super noob questions I'm good with: Supplies, recipes, sensitization (EDIT: Sensitization? Where the hell did that come from... Sanitization!) and the like. However various new products seem to have hit the market, and I'm sure I'll find reasons to ask questions :)

Thanks again.

Well, no matter what level of homebrewer you are, I believe that there is useful information to be gained in John Palmers book. You should at least browse through it once. IMO.

Good Luck getting back in the swing of brewing.

Latest posts

Back