Returning to the Fold in SV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunvalleylaw

Reaction score
Sun Valley, ID that is.

My name is Steve, and I started brewing in the 90's while living in Tacoma, WA. After moving to Idaho, I continued to brew until my last batch sometime in the mid 00's, when I quit due to lack of time, kids, etc.

I have always been an extract brewer, but like to use specialty grains, whole hops, and spices/other ingredients as appropriate. I like to base my beers of a recipe going after a particular style, but I usually change at least one thing. I like strong IPA's and pale ales, good, hearty Christmas brews, Stouts, and occasional specialty beers. We don't get a huge selection of great brews where I live, especially compared to Seattle, but I tend to like Deschutes Brewing products, some of the Oskar Blues products, Stone products, some Rougue brewing products, Seven Seas in Gig Harbor, etc.

I posted my first "question" at post No. 33 here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/extract-recipe-black-ipa-161100/index4.html#post3458882

as I return to brewing by attempting something like a Black Double IPA.

Cheers and happy weekend! Go Huskies, beat those Ducks! :mug:

Just completed my first brew upon returning to the brewing world. Thanks to those who gave me some advice and support!

Back