Replace Beer Alchemy Inventory?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAJ Brew Guy

Reaction score
Does any one know if there is a download-able inventory for Beer Alchemy. I like the software a bit more the BTP as far as user interface but I find the inventory DB to be lacking. Just thought I would toss it out there and see if anyone knows.

Next step will be to email the developer. Thanks!

I don't think Steve is going to continue to develop/support it for much more. I recently asked him a question and also asked how long he'd continue to support it, and he said not much longer.

Shame. It's clearly the best, most Mac-like brewing app for OS X.

You can always add items to the inventory, but you have to add all the data so that it knows how to calculate the new ingredients in recipes.

BTP has a killer inventory, and its calculations for SRM are more accurate (BA's are way low--only important if you are trying to brew to a style for a competition, which I do). But I still prefer BA.

I don't think Steve is going to continue to develop/support it for much more. I recently asked him a question and also asked how long he'd continue to support it, and he said not much longer.
I'm the developer of BeerAlchemy and I don't have any recollection of any conversation like this. The fact is I have absolutely no intention of discontinuing support for BeerAlchemy in the foreseeable future. It is true to say that most of my development time is focussed on the iPhone version at the moment but there is a new BeerAlchemy version coming in the next few weeks as well as another release after that that will tie in with the iPhone version.

Does any one know if there is a download-able inventory for Beer Alchemy. I like the software a bit more the BTP as far as user interface but I find the inventory DB to be lacking. Just thought I would toss it out there and see if anyone knows.

What is it missing? I have found it to be very complete, I have added some hops but I have never felt like I was missing anything in the fermentables.

Since it is so easy to add stuff, maybe we can start a list here of stuff to add.

I'm the developer of BeerAlchemy and I don't have any recollection of any conversation like this. The fact is I have absolutely no intention of discontinuing support for BeerAlchemy in the foreseeable future. It is true to say that most of my development time is focussed on the iPhone version at the moment but there is a new BeerAlchemy version coming in the next few weeks as well as another release after that that will tie in with the iPhone version.

Great to hear. One of my favorite parts of this website is when you can get the information from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Too many rumors in homebrewing.

BeerAlchemy is actually one of the few peices of software I have paid for (I use mostly open source stuff), and it was worth every penny.

(EDIT: Huh, I see that this thread is a bit old, surprised I did not see it earlier.)

Back