Repitching question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillWyn

Reaction score
I brewed up a batch of stout, and came up with an OG of 1.084. After three weeks in the primary, I've got a gravity of 1.034. I thought I had pitched enough yeast, per Mr. Malty's yeast pitching calculator, but for whatever reason, it stopped where it did. I'm going to rack to a secondary, hoping to mellow some of the rough edges. I was wondering if I should throw a little more yeast in to get the gravity down a bit more. Don't necessarily want more alcohol, but wouldn't mind a little dryer finished product. Thanks for any input received.

I would leave it on the yeast a little longer and give it a gentle swirl every now and then.

I just finished a belgian with an OG of 1.105 that sat around 1.030 for a while. I left it in the primary for another 3 weeks and gave it a swirl everyday. It eventually dropped to 1.015.

Back