Removing the post o-ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phidelt844

Reaction score
I can't get this post o-ring off! I've got a slow leak in my gas in post, so I'm disassembling it, cleaning it, and lubing the o-rings. It appears that the post o-ring is brand spankin' new, so I don't want to destroy it... but how in the world do I get this sucker off? Fingernails aren't working, can't wedge a knife blade in there... any quick tips? :confused: Keg's just sitting wide open and 3/4 full right now! Thanks

I pinch mine- so that a little corner pokes out, if that makes sense. I have tiny hands, but you may need something like a pair of non-sharp tweezers. Pinch it, then then pull it to the side, and then a little "loop" pokes out and you can just stick a fork tine (or another pair of tweezers) inside that and pull it over. I do it with my hand usually, but sometimes use needle nose pliers to help squeeze it. If you have big hands, you'll need the smaller tools.

If for some reason you were a dentist or serial killer, one of those pick tools they use to clean your teeth would work great. :D

Cleaned, lubed (with KY :eek:) and no more leak! Thanks for the help

[edit] I used the pinch method, not the serial killer method ;)

Latest posts

Back