Remembrance Day Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birvine

Reaction score
If this post is disrespectful, please remove it, though I think it is not.

Yesterday being Remembrance Day and this year being 11-11-two-oh-11 I chose to brew a batch. It was my first brew that I set up using software but had no name for it.

Then it came to me - at the Cenotaph service yesterday as I watched my 92 y.o. grandmother at the ceremony, I thought of what she went through with my grandfather during WW 2.

When he came home from the War he liked his ale. So in his memory I named my brew Black Watch Pale Ale - named for his regiment.

I'm just wondering if others have done something similar?

B

I don't think it's disrepectful at all - you're honoring your grandfather through something you love and that other people will enjoy. Think about all the people that will remember him with every sip.

I named my brewery after a nick name my father used as a CB handle. White Cougar Brewery. I still remember the beer he drank after coming back from the sea-bees in the Philippines. No ales,though...

I would have liked to have brewed yesterday, but it just wasnt lining up for me.

Not disrespectful at all IMO, quite the opposite!

Back