• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Reinforced Silicone Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoCanSam

Reaction score
I have several hundred feet of new high pressure reinforced silicone tubing for sale. It's made by Helixmark, 0.50" ID by 0.80" OD, VWR catalog number 55566-108.

https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=4640006

It can handle 430 PSI at 70 degrees F, and can withstand temperatures far in excess of 212F. It's listed for $757.16 for 25 ft. on the VWR web site.

I'm selling this for $3.75 per foot, which is less than I've ever seen it listed for on eBay. The lengths I have range from 10 ft. to about 40 ft. This is by far the best brewing tubing I've ever seen, much better than the unreinforced tubing for sale by most shops. Should last forever if treated reasonably.

I've also got a lot of 316L stainless 1/2" mini tri-clamp tubing adapters. These are not new, but are in great shape. They work best with an "H" sized Herbie Clip (nylon hose clamp). I'm selling these for $7.00 each.

Shipping will be by UPS or USPS. I only charge exact shipping.

Here are a few photos:[/SIZE][/SIZE]

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg

I'd like about 25 feet. PM coming your way. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Home Brew mobile app

?? I'm a bit confused:confused:
The website you provided states " reinforced tubing with identifiable blue spiral is suited for increased pressure and/or high-temperature applications", but your picture does not have the blue spiral.
Not trying to be a D*** but How do we know what you are selling is High-Pressure Braided Reinforced Silicone? Are there any marks on the hose itself?
I'm interested but just want to make sure before I order

The tubing is made by HelixMark, but it's for an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) application, meaning that HelixMark manufactures lots of it for another manufacturer. It's not labeled as HelixMark and it doesn't have any markings since it's made for another company, but it is made by HelixMark. This is the highest quality tubing I've ever run across, and I'll take a return if anyone isn't happy with it.

I thought If it is not marked as such, it does not carry the same "rating" as the "like product".

Not saying if it quacks, walks, and tastes it is not a duck.... but if it is not marked as a certain product regardless if made to the same specs, it is still not the same spec "UL?" correct?

Agree. If you want the blue stripe and labeling on the tubing, then pay 750 bucks for 25 feet. No one says you have to buy it.

CC you buying or just trolling to cause trouble?

--> I am in the market for high quality tubing. I do not have to justify questions for a seller in the for sale section. I am not the only person wondering the same thing.

"Agree. If you want the blue stripe and labeling on the tubing, then pay 750 bucks for 25 feet. No one says you have to buy it."

--> where is the documentation stating this is what is stated? Can we get a box pic?

EDIT: I still do not see a PSI rating for anything over 70F, which may or may not hold a chugger pump pushing on a closed valve.

Any additional information?

PM the owner of the thread.

Classified rule number 4. No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced to high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.

PM the owner of the thread.

Classified rule number 4. No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced to high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread "normally" a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.

....you do realize you are now trolling, as I "AM" asking for additional information as a condition of a purchase related to THIS ad...

Got my hose last night, thanks! Looks good so far, although it will be a while before I get to use it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Home Brew mobile app

Got mine as well, about 40 feet. Roughly the same feel and quality as the eBay hose at a better price. Seller communicated well and shipped quickly. I use this stuff for multi purpose in the brewery and require it for keg washing (air and co2 pressure for drain and purge). Two thumbs up!

Glad it meets your expectations! I have more tubing if anyone else is interested. I've used other silicone tubing that yellows with age but this doesn't seem to.

Back