Regulator Gauge shows pressure without tank.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBo

Reaction score
Hello,
I finally decided to move from Bottles to Kegs, so I ordered a Dual gauge regulator from kegcowboy.com, it arrived today and for some reason it's showing a 700PSI pressure even though the Co2 isn't hooked up.

Does that mean the gauge is broken or is there a way to calibrate it?

Cheers!

Yeah, a little pressure can be left in the lines but not that much. Sometimes the little flimsy metal guage behind the needle can bend and make the needle catch. Check for that. Try opening all of the valves to see if that relieves the pressure. Also, the guage for the cylinder itself really doesn't matter. The pressure inside the cylinder remains constant no matter how much CO2 is in there. The only way to tell how much CO2 is left is to weigh the tank and subtract to tare weight (etched on the cylinder) to tell how much CO2 is left. My point is that the guage for the CO2 tank is not really necessary, it's the guage for the pressure inside the kegs that really matters.

Talked to the people from Kegcowboy, the gauge was most likely damaged during shipping they are sending me a new one for free!

Great Support!

Back