Regulator doesn't fit on a tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a slight problem there. This co2 tank is new and according to EU standarts. Although swivel nut on a regulator is a fit, it doesn fit because of this bump with filter on it. Because of it I can't screw it on. What should I do? Is there a some kind of a converter to fit this on? I hope I was clear enough for you to understand what kind of a problem I have there. Thnk you fir the help!

20210205_202536.jpg

For further clarification. Those are the vents. On a tank there's a german vent DIN 477 Nr.6 /
W 21,8 x 1/14", but I don't know which one is on the Chinese regulator. Which converter do I need for this. Help?

20210206_113908.jpg

20210206_114135.jpg
20210206_114152.jpg

I have not seen anything like that here, is there supposed to be a gasket that goes inside the tank? Like on the end of the regulator, so it would seal in the recess of the tank and not on the face of the threads. Then that bump wouldn’t matter.

I've googled little bit and this is bullnose connector on a regulator. So I guess I need somekind of a converter male to female to connect it to a co2 tank. Or should I unscrewthis bullnose connector and then simply screw regulator on a co2 tank? There is neither gasket on a tank nor regulator. I have no idea what to do.

Highly speculative post.

Is your regulator specific for oxygen?
I see the top of the handle is coloured in blue, which often means "for oxygen".

Don't ask me the details, but regulators for oxygen should be used for oxygen cylinders, and regulators for other gases should be used for other gases.

If you know the maker and the number part you can check on the internet the gas it is intended for.

I don't use the large cylinders but the small, non-refillable ones. The thread of the connection is the same between oxygen and non-oxygen, but the regulators are not interchangeable. So it might be that also for large cylinders, the thread is the same but the protruding filters prevents the coupling with a non-oxygen cylinder.

Just an attempt at a solution!

Back