Recommend a recipe for Wyeast 2035 (American Lager)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gicts

Reaction score
Scored an overstocked Wyeast 2035 at the store for $0.99. Then I came home and realized why no one was buying it:D. Doesn't seem to be many recipes for it!

Right now I'm leaning towards Bob's SchmiPielSchaeRheingoldter recipe

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f58/schmipielschaerheingoldter-97553/

Any other suggestions? I made a ten gallon batch of BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops last month, so I'm leaning away from that for now.

This is "Schells" lager yeast strain, I use it all the time. Since I have grown up drinking the Schells beer. It's a very versatile, lager yeast if you want to do some thing different. I just did a west coast type lager with 2035. I have to call it an imperial pills. You have to remember that lager yeasts, don't have a lot of flavor variation, what your getting is how clean, do you want the strain to be. Clean is really the absence of yeast flavors. I have always thought the best lager style is the most difficult to find a "Classic American pills" CAP for short. This yeast strain makes a great CAP.

Back