Recommend a belgian yeast for...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty_martini

Reaction score
a tripel...but i want a yeast that is more fruit focused, and less spicy. I realize much of this can be achieved with fermentation temps, The reason. Im making the tripel with these amazingly floral and spicy szechwan peppercorns. I want to get the fruit from the yeast and the spice from the peppercorns.

Any suggestions?

*This is a repost from the ingredients forum...i didnt get many responses and thought it might fit in better here

I just finished using some Wyeast 3638 Bavarian Wheat and cant say enough good things about it. Fast starting, powerful fermentation, great nose, and lots of fruity notes, I will say it does have some clove, but that is about it.

Based on the tropical fruit punch factory that's apparently going full tilt in my carboy, I gotta say 500 (though there may be some warm cookie spices down in there too; can't wait for this beer to finish!).

Look into Wyeast 3864, it's a limited edition strain that is supposedly sourced from Unibroue. Also, according to 'Brew like a Monk,' it should do pretty well with fruity flavors if kept in the right temp range.

I just used it in my latest batch, a tripel, but unfortunately I won't know how it'll turn out for a while.

Back