Recipes for Styles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StusBrew

Reaction score
Lurking around here forever. Decided after 2 weeks of lurking to finally just join. Been brewing off and on for last 13 years. The last 2 years, consistently enough I have ideas for things.

I'm curious about if anyone knows any websites or references on where to find a simple recipe for any style of beer?
(Well, besides books. Eventually going to buy a some more books. I mean you can't brew without getting more curious and buying more "assistants" right?)
I've gone to BJCP website on style guides and other places and you can put it together from there.

Just curious about it?

I kind of want a base recipe for instance for an ESB and Dopplebock. That way can brew it. Play around with them for future ideas.

Brewed a stout a month ago. It's a keeper. But then started thinking upon that base recipe.

I know you said you didn't want a book. But seriously go to Amazon and but the book called "Brewing Classic Styles". It will give you a base recipe for almost every kind of brew you can think of. If books are definitely off the list, than go to the recipe section of this site. There are a lot of good recipes on there. And if you go by the size of the responses to those threads, you can pretty much pick a winner.

Check out this sites recipe database...anything you can think of can be found

Something I liked doing when I started working on recipes I would look at some of the online vendors kits an build a recipe from that

Good luck

Thanks all. Been looking at all kinds of websites. BYO online, specifically. Some here. I've got beertools and some interesting ones there.

Check out this sites recipe database...anything you can think of can be found

Something I liked doing when I started working on recipes I would look at some of the online vendors kits an build a recipe from that

Good luck
I went to an on-line vendor and was curious about it. So I started clicking on things. Gave the grain bill, yeast, OG, temp./time of sacch. rest. I think it might be the next one to try.

hopville also has a large compilation of recipes organized by style, some good others not.

yeah i use this site to play around with idea. less than half of the recipes under my name have actually been brewed
the way i view it, it's a killer site for creating recipes and could be cool for finding them if they had a brewed/created feature or something, but i certainly wouldn't go there to find recipes
i find the recipe section of this board much better (although a little sad to discover only one english barleywine on the first few pages that uses only base malt)

I've found that when going to BeerTools to look at recipes. It's seems kind of the same. Came up with ingredient, then in notes they say they can't wait to brew it. Should be some other filter to weed out the ones people just put together and the ones that actually brewed it and liked it.

Back