Recipe ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesNichols

Reaction score
i Have around 17-20 Lbs of white muskies that have been in the freezer for 3 weeks and im looking for some recipe help. SWMBO likes sweet wine with a low -mid Alcohol %. slight head buzz with 1 glass. so here is a list of what i have here.
17-20 Lb Muskies white very sweet this year.(frozen)
10 Lbs of Apples (frozen)
Campden tablets
acid blend
tannin
yeast nutrient
Lalvin ec-116 and ec-118 yeast
Red Star champaine yeast which SWMBO like the bubbles
2 Pale ale buckets
2x 6 Gallon Carboys
2x 5 Gallon carboys
any help would be great.. Thx les:mug:

I don't know about a recipe, as we don't have that fruit where I live. Hopefully some one can chime in!

I make a great crabapple wine, if you want to look at the recipe and see how much sugar, the OG, etc, works in the apple/crabapple wine recipe. It should be similar.

The yeast strain you choose will determine some of the characteristics of the wine. Champagne yeast will ferment just about anything to dryness. If you want bubbles, you'll have to prime the wine and bottle in champagne bottles- it doesn't come from the kind of yeast you use, it comes from the technique after fermentation.

Your equipment looks good, but you'll also need some siphon tubing and a hydrometer.

Back