Recipe request: Big Horn Brewing Buttface Amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneImpBrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So ive scoured the net and not had much luck. I have found a dead thread here with no answer. So I would like to try again. I really like the stuff and would love to have it on tap. Could anyone please help me out?
Thanks
-The Imp

Alright folks, Its around xmas brewing time and I am still sitting here looking for the same recipe. I hate to do this but....
*Utters Demonic Incantations*
Im resurrecting an old thread. Live my elder creation.

Looking for The Rams Buttface Amber Ale Clone
or even something similar. Thanks for the help.

-Imp

Sorry for the delay. Dang day job getting in the way of brewing.

Its described as smooth and malty with toffee and caramel notes, and a balanced hop finish. I would guess it at around 20 srm for color. It runs 5.8 % abv. Slighly sweet malty finish in my opinion. Was hoping for a good base of a recipe to go off of to get me in the neighborhood. But if someone has already figured it out I would gladly welcome any advice.

Thanks

-Imp

http://www.beertutor.com/beers/index.php?id=2375&cat=4&t=details

This site has the most relevant info I could find as to the beers make up. I would assume the four hops would be cascade, amarillo, northern brewer and possibly centennial. The five malts would most likely be 2-row, munich, c-60, c-80? (something around that, perhaps darker) and some chocolate for color adjusting. Keep the IBUs low and play up the malts by using a yeast like wlp002 or something similar. If you can get a sample of the beer to hydro test then you can figure out the OG on it based on the 5.8% ABV. Hopefully that helps you start out. A similar beer might be redhook esb and I know you could find a clone for that. Perhaps you could tweak that clone to make this beer. Best of luck.

Thank u very much for your help. All great advice and I will hopefully come back with good results. Grains and hops all sound perfect I will grab a growler and see what the og is. Never thought of that. Thanks again!

Back