recipe ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppin_Mad

Reaction score
Gonna try and throw together a brew on Sunday. I have a pack of safale us 05, some kent goldings and some willamette left over from a couple earlier batches.....anyone got any slammin recipe ideas that incorporate these? I still gotta pick up some extract from the LHBS. :mug:

I'd use the willamette for bittering, the EKG for 10 and 0 min additions. Steep some medium british crystal say .5lb along with a bit of roasted or chocolate malt ~2-4 oz. If you can do a mini-mash I'd suggest adding some english pale malt.

How much hops are we talking? If it's less than 2 oz total, you might as well not count them. If it's more, I'd do the opposite of rockfish. I'd bitter with the EKG, flavor with the willamettes, and dry hop with the willamettes. I'd get .5-.75 lb crystal to steep and make an APA.

On the other hand, you could totally use the will for bittering and EKG for flavor/aroma in a stout or porter, or even an American Brown ale.

How much hops are we talking? If it's less than 2 oz total, you might as well not count them. If it's more, I'd do the opposite of rockfish. I'd bitter with the EKG, flavor with the willamettes, and dry hop with the willamettes. I'd get .5-.75 lb crystal to steep and make an APA.

On the other hand, you could totally use the will for bittering and EKG for flavor/aroma in a stout or porter, or even an American Brown ale.

I have an ounce of each, but like I say I have to go by the LHBS anyway, so I can pick up some more stuff to add

Back