Recipe hop values in percentage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mls1970

Reaction score
Trying to convert a recipes hop values to weight which are given in percentage. I would have thought it was straight forward but I'm confused. Any suggestions?

Example: Columbus 60% , Centennial 40%

Cheers and thanks!

That doesn't correlate to amounts, unless you know you are starting with a pound of hops (for example) and then you know that 60% of the pound is columbus.

You're lacking something there, either the IBUs or the amount, etc.

I do have the IBUs it's 105,the Columbus are added at the beginning of the 90 minute boil and the centennial are in the whirpool.

I do have the IBUs it's 105,the Columbus are added at the beginning of the 90 minute boil and the centennial are in the whirpool.

Oh, well, that makes it easier for sure. Now, there isn't any reality with "105 IBUs" but you can go with 105 calculated IBUs, and add the columbus at the beginning which is 60% of the IBUs, and then the centennial, 40% of which you'll get in IBUs in the whirlpool.

Oh, well, that makes it easier for sure. Now, there isn't any reality with "105 IBUs" but you can go with 105 calculated IBUs, and add the columbus at the beginning which is 60% of the IBUs, and then the centennial, 40% of which you'll get in IBUs in the whirlpool.
Thanks, I was figuring something like that but all the ibu calculators I've used don't add any IBUs for flameout or zero boil hops. That's what's puzzling. I know that you will get some bitterness with post boil edditions it's just how much. I have an idea how much I want to use, I'll just start there. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back