Recipe fun. Brewing for fun, the beer is a bonus.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkncode

Reaction score
Hi brewers,
I was adapting a clone recipe to local ingrediants and modify it to my likeing and realised that all but a few of my all grain brews have been my own recipies.

Even my first all grain batch which i did on a freshly constructed eherms was and that came out great and hit all the numbers.

I use beersmith on my PC and phone and I've found I really conveniant to the point it encourages me to play with recipes even more.
It seems to fit well with my engineering mind.

It may not suit everyone with all the information overload but works great for me.

Part of my reason for eherms and going all grain was i wanted to expiriment so its a good match for me. Also gave me a fun project to build and tweak.

I just wish they would add folders to the cloud functionality.

Besides the conveniance of beersmith I really like being able to tweak every aspect of a brew with ag etc.

I got into homebrew as a hobby and really enjoy it despite the long brew days. I'm constantly suppeised with a bit of reading what can be accomplised.

I taught myself all grain by reading and watching videos etc. I didn't speak to any homebrewers about brewing all grain until after my first ag batch done on my self built eherms.
Kind of liked the challenge of doing it that way. The first batch was good enough to give to friends and got great feedback.

For those wanting to start playing with recipies i would highly reccomend getting a tool like beersmith or similar as it lets you concentrate of the important parts.

All of my all grain batches have resulted in decent beers.

Ive had a year with a quite a few smash beers to learn about hops and grains. Probably more to come but also that has helped me learn how much of a particular hop has what effect ao really vsluable. My latest nelson sauvin smash definitly has a wine taste where my first batch was way too little in the late additions.

Back