Recipe critique?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliethebum

Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback. First time crafting an amber recipe. I'm shooting for a malt forward, not too sweet profile with a noticeable but not overbearing hop presence.

Batch size: 10.5 gal
Efficiency: 80%
OG: 1.055
FG: 1.014
ABV: 5.4%
SRM: 14
IBU: 29

GRAIN BILL
12lb US 2 row
5lb Munich 10
1lb c80
1lb c40
1lb victory
4oz chocolate 350

Mash 154f 60min

HOP SCHEDULE
1 oz cascade(6.5%aa) FWH 60min
1 oz cascade 30 min
2 oz cascade 10 min

Ferment with us05 66f

Looks good. My personal preference would be 8oz of special B for colour in place of the 4oz of chocolate. Even at that low rate, I notice the roastiness of choc malt. YMMV. I'd also personally change some of the cascade for willamette - it's a great combo in an amber.

Looks good. My personal preference would be 8oz of special B for colour in place of the 4oz of chocolate. Even at that low rate, I notice the roastiness of choc malt. YMMV. I'd also personally change some of the cascade for willamette - it's a great combo in an amber.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll have to check and see if I have any willamette. Maybe swap out an oz of the 10 minute addition?

Back