Recipe Advice Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbn_brewer

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just wanted to put a quick recipe together for B.I.A.B method (5 gallons).

7lbs Pale 2 Row
1.5lb Wheat Malt
1 lb Crystal Malt
0.5lb Honey

Problably going to use Safal US-05 with yeast starter.

Are there any recomendations for what type of Hops and what schedual would be good for this mash?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. Also what kind of style would this beer be leaning towards?

Any feedback is much appreciated as Im new and just starting out.

Thanks! :rockin:

This looks like it could make a nice APA. Go with 1/2 lb. of Crystal, honey is optional, and use a 60/10/0/DH schedule with any of the Pacific NW American hops.

FYI: You don't make yeast starters with dry yeast. And besides, you don't need one for a low grav APA.

Doesn't have to be an APA. It depends much on your hop additions. If you want an APA style beer, hop it up like bob suggested. If you want a mellow summer ale type beer lightly hop it. (maybe a 60 and a 10 minute addition) Of what you personally like. I like cascade, hallertau and tettnang. You could use this link to decide for yourself http://www.brewsupplies.com/hops_reference_chart.htm.

Thanks very much for the feedback! Im gonna try this out. Im prob gonna cut back and use 0.5lb crystal and I like the idea of cascade hops! :D

Back