Recepies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 1/2 honey (pure raw)

30 copped raisins

1 cup brown sugar.

1 clove. Optional

1 orancge sliced

Heat. 1 gallon water honey clove sugar and orange to 110°f till sugar is dissolved. Cool down 75° pour inti bucket or carboy pitch yeast lock away 30 days...then rack to secondary. Taste let age. Make sure you take a sg....and you read up on the yeast strain you going to use for temp and way not if you use a bucket then just ferment 5-8 days before you air lock it. Good luck....

Do you have to use honey in the raw? Or can you use just normal honey from the super market for any recepie.

Remember that any good 5 gallon recipe can be used- just cut the ingredients in half (except for yeast).

I assume you'll make a 2.5 gallon batch so that you have two gallons to age in jugs? Otherwise, I'd recommend going with a 3.5 gallon batch so you can use a three gallon carboy. Mead must be topped up, so you need the appropriate sized container, and I've never seen a 2 gallon carboy.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/ for recipes.

Latest posts

Back