Receipe suggestion for Belle Saison yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunkTruck

Reaction score
Hi All,

In my haste today at the LHBS I grabbed a Saison yeast by accident. I meant to grab 2 Nottinghams but they were mixed in the bin.

Anyhow what would be a good Apple Cider receipe for this yeast?

I'm gonna use the Notty for a Carmel Apple hard cider

I have a bunch of Sams club apple juice and frozen aj. I also have 6 gals of Musslemans cider and 6 gals of Musslemans mulled cider. (on sale at wally world btw for 2 bucks a gallon! last week, kinda wish i bought more)

Anyway i was thinking the Saison yeast might be nice with the spiced mulled musslemans. What do you think?

Throw some ideas at me

Thanks!!

I did my first cider batch split between Belle Saison and 3711 yeast cakes from previous light saisons, using apple juice, O2, and nutrient. Left them in the garage for a month this summer. The flavors were close enough (for the cider) that I kegged them together. I recall they finished around 1.004 at 4 weeks of 70 --> 85F, and it was tart but good. I think the apple flavor and tartness either covered, or complemented well enough to not notice, the yeast characteristics.

Back