Real Ale Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
If anyone ever has the opportunity to try one of the beers from Real Ale Brewing Co. out of Blanco, TX, do yourself a favor and try them. The only way you'll get one is if your in Texas, but they are expanding to a new facility and plan to start going out of state. The guy's have a small 15 bbl in the basement of an antique shop on the little town square in Blanco. You have to look for the empty kegs and spent grain bins out back to find it. The Brewhouse Brown Ale is the best American brown I have ever tasted. The Full Moon Pale Rye Ale is damn good, and they have a Rio Blanco Pale Ale that is excellent. The seasonal Shade Grown Coffee Porter rocks, and they have a seasonal Barleywine (Sisyphus Ale @ 10%). Plus they have a new Trappist Triple and a Fireman's No. 4 golden ale. My wife and I took a road trip this weekend and made Blanco a pit stop. One of the guy's was working by himself, and let us come in, visit, drink some beers. Had a great time and it was cool to check out this small time, passionate, well made brewery. If your ever in the area, check it out. It's about 30-40 miles west-southwest of Austin, 30-40 miles north of San Antonio. There's good TX BBQ @ Riley's on the town square too! Great for a beer buzz! :D

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

I get to the Austin area from time to time - my parents have a retirement place in Georgetown. Do they sell only at this location or can you find their stuff around the area? Is it strictly a brewery?

Thanks!

Nope, can't buy it at the brewery (TX laws), but it is available throughout Austin (tap and bottled). Yes ,they are just a craft micro. They told me about 7,000 bbl a year, but they are expanding to a new facility that will more than double their capacity. Try it out next time your in Austin, I think you'd like it alot.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Back