Ready-to-Go Malt Mill Motors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
I was just starting my christmas list for Santa and at the top of that list was supposed to be an All American Ale Works Power Grinder malt mill motor, but their website doesn't seem to exist any more...

Anyone know what happened to these guys?

Is there an alternative ready-to-go mill motor sold by anyone else?

Thanks,
Adam

No idea on the power grinder, but...

Rigging up a similar thing yourself, is relatively easy, and will cost much less.

Check eBay-- you need:

- probably a 1/2hp 1725-1750 rpm 1 phase, 56c frame motor ($50-75)
- a 10:1 gear reducer to fit your motor (motor most likely will have 5/8" shaft, so input of gear reducer needs to match) ($50-100)
- 2 lovejoy couplers: 1 to fit your mill shaft and the other to fit the gear reducer shaft ($20-$30)
- Switch, switch box, wiring ($35-50)

And Bob's your Uncle!

Assembling it is really very straight forward, and there are plenty of people here that can help you if needed.

Not as easy as opening a package on Christmas morning, but ask for cash, and diy!

:mug:

Thanks Kevin, but I'm mechanically stupid and there's just way too many confusing specs necessary to make sure that I buy the right thing the first time. That's why I was excited about the American Ale Works Power Grinder (and I knew that it in was super over kill in terms of torque and would last forever and would work even if I upgraded to a 3 roller mill with larger rollers.

Any chance anyone has come across a checklist with links on what to get to make sure that everything all works together?

I'm betting that if I got the contact info for the guy behind American Ale Works he'd probably still have a few on hand and be willing to sell one...

Adam

Ready to go right out of the package. Works every time! :ban:

pACE3-6882252dt.jpg

Back