Re-configuration.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beermaker

The NAVY WALRUS
Reaction score
Well, today I depressured all 8 of the kegs in my cooler, built a 24" long 1/4" tuing to a pin lock valve and a tap, and tested all the belgian stuff. I left a little pressure to get 1/2 a glass from each keg. Man are those beers good. Clearing up nice, and pretty damn close to the originals. I am in the process of building 11 more taps just like the other, so I can have a tap for each keg, and beer ready at my finger tips. I keep the cooler at 45 degrees. I then went back and put 15 psi CO2 on each keg and shook it for a few minutes. At this temp and pressure I should achievve about 2.2-2.7 units of CO2 per keg. I had put 30 psi on them and forced them, but I think I over did it. I dont think I will have any probs with re-carbonation now. I hope not anyway, these suckers are going to Vail for competition. I will be trying my new Beer Gun, that will arrive tomorrow I think. Cant wait to try to bottle with it, supposed to make things much faster and easier. Should I keep the kegs closer to sub 40 temps? Or is 45 ok for storage?

They will clear better at colder temps. I'll keep some of mine at 34F for a month or two and then raise the temp for serving temps.

Back