Raw/ whole hop storage question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauscjm

Reaction score
So in a rush at the brew store today bought a pound of cascade dried hop leafs instead of pellets. I usually store leftovers in the freezer but am not sure what to do with the leaves. I was planning on putting them in a couple mason jars and trying to make a few IPAs next week to use them up so they don't spoil. Can I store them this way and how long will they store without tasting like crap

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Huh, you freeze pellets? Is that the norm? (asking everyone) I have a lot on hand and just keeping in mason jars, or still vac pac.

Just after I open them to try and keep them fresh as possible

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Whether whole leaf or pellets,I store them in the freezer. A vacuum sealer would be good to pack'em in 1 oz units before freezing.

You definitely want to store them in the freezer. If you don't have a vacuum sealer I'd suggest putting them in ziplock freezer bags and squeezing as much air out as you can.

Back