Raspberry Puree in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwards81

Reaction score
Hi all I want to start by saying I am not sure this is the right place for my question and if it is not I do apologize.

I recently added a Raspberry Puree to Gluten Free Ale and put it into my secondary (Glass Carboy)I am curious how long should or could allow this to sit in the secondary before I should either A) Transfer to a new carboy or B) Bottle

The steps I used was pretty simple -
1st - Sanitized Glass Carboy
2nd - Add the Raspberry Puree to the bottom of the carboy
3rd - Siphoned from my Primary to my Secondary and it started to re-ferment due to the sugars in the Raspberry.
4th - It has stopped Fermenting

How long has it been in secondary? And how did you verify that it has stopped fermenting?

You can bottle once the beer is clear (i.e., seeds and other sediment has settled, along with the yeast) and fermentation is done. But you have to make sure that it's actually done. The best way to do that is by checking gravity a few days apart and seeing no change. The danger with fruit is that you might have a few weird sugars and get bottle bombs, so just make sure that you really are done.

Its has been 2 weeks i was thinking leaving a month or 2 prior. That way i am 100% sure.

I believe it is as the gravity has not changed in a few days. Not sure how clear it will get with it being an ale and all

Latest posts

Back